Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ready fools

I signed the kids up for the library program, "Read a 1000 library books before kindergarten."  As is my nature, I was a bit hesitant to sign up, because I don't like to do something I'm not confident I can finish and/or do well.  1000 books seemed a bit ambitious to me, but after a little convincing I thought, "why not?!"  I'm super thrilled we've signed up, because it has been a great motivation and goal to be working toward on the cold winter days.  Whether we get 1000 or not, it's kick started Traeger into developing a love for reading.  He races in to find the next Magic Tree house book, so we can join Jack and Annie on another adventure.  


Ataly is tickled pink, because she's always loved reading.


5 more books to go....then we can go get our first prize for reading 100 books.


We hammered out those last 5 books and biked to the Library.  We were all bundled up and thankful that we could ride to the Library on a mild February day.


Ataly, the safe keeper of the Library books!

No comments: