Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Swim date

The kids and I had a swim date at a local hotel.
I thought maybe after an hour or two they'd be exhausted and asking to head out.   But that never happened.  So 5 1/2 hours later, I had to rain on their parade and tell them it was time to head home.  


We packed a picnic lunch to refuel our tanks.


Having fun with the bubbles in the hot tub.


Ataly in the sea of bubbles.


Ataly managed to motor her way all around the pool.

There was one point that she took off her life jacket and tried to swim in the shallow end.  It only landed her with water above her head and me coming to her rescue.  Before she tried it, I tried convincing her otherwise, but she wasn't having any of it.  Gotta love a strong willed child.  After I got her out, she was so devastated that she couldn't swim without her life jacket on.  She desperately wanted to be just like Traeger.  I listened to her pour her heart out in frustration and heart ache (really, she was crushed.  It was kind of cute and sad all at the same time).  She was saying things like "I'm just never going to be like Traeger"  "My feet are never going to be just like his."  In her sweet little 3 year old mind, she was heart broken and crushed and couldn't see the bigger picture.  I tried reassuring her that in time, and Lord willing, she will be able to be BIG just like Traeger.  Ataly has such an admiration and love for her big brother.  I love it.


1.2.3...jump!


Check out those sweet moves!


Traeger asked if he could do a flip and before I could get my explanation in as to why that might not be a good idea, he started in and didn't look back.


The starting position.

 

The take off...


I demanded that he jump out far enough so he didn't smack his face on the edge of the pool...oh I know, overprotective mother here :O) 


check out that form...


tucking in......


getting closer...


almost there...


HE DID IT!
I say perfect 10!

He typically airs on the side of caution, but when he gets something in his mind that he thinks he can do, nothing is going to stop him.  I admire his determination.


I wonder what they were talking about?


Two happy kiddos, with thankful hearts, for our memory filled swim date!

No comments: