Looking back at this past year of you, as a 3 year old, reminds me of God's abundant love and grace. I've marveled at all the amazing ways God has continued to work in your life. This past year you have declared your love and desire to follow Jesus. Your abundant and overflowing joy is contagious. Your sensitive heart for those who are hurting is obvious. The way you encourage and remember to pray for others is God at work in your heart. I love to watch you have a soft spot in your heart for your brother, babies and any friend. You are a constant example to me of what it looks like to live life "all in". My heart rejoices at all these and so many more evidences of God's grace in your life as a 3 year old. "I pray for you constantly Ataly, asking God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your heart will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future He has promised to you if you continue to believe. Ataly, I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of His power for us who believe in Him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead." Ephesians 1:17-20.
Ataly Raen, we serve a mighty God. I pray that you will, by God's grace and power, continue to chose to run hard after Jesus instead of your sin. It brings me joy that we get to be on the journey together, learning what it looks like love Jesus above all else. I am not perfect. You are not perfect. Thankfully, for all of our yuck we have Jesus to forgive us and carry us through this life, leading us to the best life there is and ever will be. He's worth it!
Happy 4th birthday beautiful girl...you're worth celebrating!
A few things we love about you and several things we have discovered about you in the last year are...
your contagious joy that bubbles out of you wherever you are
how you adore your brother and serve him just about anything he asks for or doesn't ask for, like every morning you get him his fish oil, vitamin C, Vit. D and a flintstone :O)
mac n cheese and fruit are still your favorites, along with peanut butter and jelly for breakfast
you prefer to match your brother instead of some girly outfit...you look beautiful in whatever you wear
you enjoy telling stories to anyone who will listen
you work hard at creating one of a kind art projects
your our little love bug...always willing to give hugs, kisses or gentle touches
Anything Traeger can do you so desperately want to emulate...swimming without a life jacket or losing his first tooth. In time my dear daughter you will too get to follow in your brother's footstetps.
you learned how to swing all by yourself---3 years 9 months
I love catching you singing songs to yourself (typically ones you make up) while swinging, picking up sticks or dandelions, riding your bike or just taking in the outdoors
I admire your desire to read books or have them read to you
you learned to write your name--3 years 7 months
you're done with naps but still need an occasional cat nap to catch up and you still fall asleep on long road trips. If you're really tired, you will put yourself to bed or fall asleep wherever is convenient like in my arms at a restaurant or on the couch.
you're definitely a girl who knows what she wants and isn't afraid to speak her mind
you love being with lots of friends (just like your daddy :O))
On your birthday you inquired...
"Am I 4 today?"
"Am I going to be 4 for a million/bagillion days?"
Ataly, it's a joy to watch you grow and develop into a beautiful masterpiece of God's.
I'm thankful you're my daughter and I love you like crazy!
xoxo--Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment