Sunday, April 15, 2012

I forgive you...

After a particularly challenging day with Ataly and many apologize on both sides made, she out of the blue said, "Mom, I'm sorry for my bad choices today."  I was thankful she recognized her sin and I immediately extended my forgiveness.  I barely got that out and she said..."and now what do you say mom?"  I'm disappointed with myself  and for how ugly my attitude really was that day.  It seems like when I have my crabby pants on, the kids tend to follow.  I am constantly humbled by my calling as mom. I'm thankful that I don't have to walk it on my own.  It is for this that I have Jesus and He will, by God's grace, use me in a unique way (through the good, the bad and the ugly) to help me and my kids walk to the foot of the cross where undeserved grace, unending forgiveness and complete freedom is found.  

No comments: