I consider myself blessed that these two cuties call me mom. I wouldn't be telling you the truth if I said I never had days where I feel completely unfit to bear the responsibility of being Mommy. But on the the flip side, God has called me to it and I trust that He will supply what I need to humbly walk them to the foot of the cross where freedom and joy in Christ is found. These two have changed my life in ways I never thought possible and bring abundance of joy to each and every day.
What makes being Traeger and Ataly's mom life changing?
1. I get smothered with kisses, snuggles and hugs on a hourly basis.
2. we all mess up which means we're learning together what it looks like to hold one another's feet to the fire and then what extending forgiveness to each other on a regular basis looks like. *Traeger does a crazy good job catching me when my tone is not right and reminding me that just because they might be sinning doesn't mean I should sin in return by getting frustrated (sad to say this was an example from the other day in Walmart, but blessed that my own son doesn't let me get away with sin)
3. contagious giggles fill my day
4. teaching the kids life lessons cements what I believe and mirrors how serious I really am about something.
5. discovering God's amazing creation through the eyes of a 6 and 4 year old...eye opening and amazing!
6. they find peace and comfort in my arms. *such a great reminder of the greater peace and comfort we can find in our Creator's arms of love.
7. they are little mirrors of Luke and I (humbling and scary all at the same time)
8. we get to embrace the journey together through the good, the bad and the ugly times of life.
9. my day is filled with constant chatter and insights into what's going on in their world.
10. I get to see God working in and through my kids hearts and minds and by His grace God is transforming them for His good and glory! He's got them both in His hands...so comforting! Now if I'd just cling to this truth more often.
Psalm 13:6
I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.
Psalm 13:6
I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me.
I also got 3 roses and a chocolate bar from my three older "sons" with a sweet card that read 'Happy Mother's Day, Mom" This recent endeavor of having three older 'sons' has been a humbling experience. I've loved having them around and am thankful for the opportunity God has given me to be their "mom".
Psalm 100:5
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endures to all generations.
No comments:
Post a Comment