One of the "joys" of living out in the country means the cats bring their prized catches to the house. I've been able to handle the mice, birds and bunnies. I'm a farm girl after all, so that's nothing. I wasn't sure what I was going to do though when Pumpkin walked up to the door with a snake . I don't hate many things, but I HATE snakes. I definitely freaked out. Luke wasn't going to be home for many hours. If I wanted this snake dead that meant I would have to do something about it. I reluctantly made my way to get a broom to sweep it away from the house. When I got back it was gone. I went outside and scanned the area to make sure it was no where to be seen. Hoping it was gone was wishful thinking, because now I found it closer to our door. I quickly scrambled to find a more appropriate tool to kill this thing. I came back with a golf club and took care of business. I was shrieking the whole time. It was one of those moments I knew I was being ridiculous, but I couldn't help myself. Ataly watched this whole event unfold. I processed with her after the fact and realized I didn't handle it the most confident way when she said, "mommy, I hate snakes too." I tried to encourage her that just because snakes frighten me doesn't mean she has to be afraid too.
I'm afraid my actions spoke louder than words that day. This was a gentle reminder to me that I need to be praying for my life to be a good example of Christ's transforming power at work in my life to my kids and others instead of a pile of fears, doubts and flat out sin that so often speak louder than my words.
No comments:
Post a Comment