Saturday, October 20, 2012

Broken wrist

While I was running on the treadmill Ataly was playing with a big exercise ball and innocently fell back on a pile of  weights.  She got up immediately, grabbed her wrist and started crying.  We waited a couple hours contemplating whether we should take her into the ER.  Nothing was bringing relief so I finally took her in.  


The x-rays found a break in her wrist.


They fit her with a splint and we were on our way.  

This happened a week before she was to start pre-k.  On the way home from the ER, Ataly was quite concerned about how she was going to write since her left hand was now impaired.  I assured her that her teachers would understand and that she just needed to try her best.


A couple days later we got an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor and she got a purple cast on.  She was a champ through the whole thing.  The cast never slowed her down nor did she ever complain about having it on.

4 weeks later we got more x-rays and were thankful to find that God had healed her!  

No comments: