Sunday, November 11, 2012

Living and learning



When we moved to the Nelsons the kids discovered what having "real" tv was like.  The Nelson's have cable...what a treat.  In Medford we had a tv to watch movies on.  We now had more options than our same rotation of movies, the occasional Red Box rental or movie checked out from the Library.  I actually tried to hold them off on learning about "real tv" as long as I could.  It lasted maybe two weeks of living here and then the first show we watched together here was "Minute to Win it".  Half way through Ataly said, "could you please pause it, I have to go to the bathroom."  What she didn't understand since she never had regular tv was that you don't pause it like what she was used to doing in movies.  Yes now there is the DVR option, which we don't have here, but soon she will most likely discover that amazing invention too. 


On another note...occasionally Ataly used to say "this is getting ridiculous!"  I'm afraid I'm guilty of teaching her that one.  Hearing yourself in your kids can be scary sometimes.  We're both encouraging one another not to say that any more.  We're living and learning together!

No comments: