My parents, along with my sister's crew, made their journey to the northwoods the first weekend in January to officially celebrate Christmas together. Our time started off with a tasty meal that I prepared. Not my area of giftedness, but I stepped out and planned and prepared the meal for 12. My mom said, "sorry, but you no longer can claim the I'm not a good cook card." I guess it didn't turn out too bad. The cousins were thrilled to be together and played to their hearts content until we called it a night. So we wouldn't be woke up at some absurd hour, we set opening up presents for 10 am. We played games and chatted the rest of the day away.
Cheese.
Cousins-oldest to youngest.
Trying to make a pyramid.
Quick snap the picture before we...
all fall down.
Matching babies for the girls
Traeger's sweet shark helmet
Ataly's craft bin
Where's Melia?
There she is.
I know this is a random picture but I feel like it captures the essence of my parents.
They are patiently sitting by watching and encouraging K put a puzzle together giving a few pointers along the way. They have always been the best cheerleaders to me and others. I'm thankful for that example.
Dug into the craft bin already and making some wonderful masterpieces, while...
the adults and the older boys played "Say Anything"
"Say Anything" is a fun, light-hearted, group game.
We've played it a ton in different settings and love it every time.
We walked away from the weekend blessed and encouraged by one another and thankful we get to CELEBRATE LIFE...our dear Savior's birth.
No comments:
Post a Comment