Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lesson learned

It was really tempting for me to complain and begrudge the fact that we had a large tree limb fall in our backyard at the same time Luke was leaving on his mission trip and that afternoon we were to receive word on an offer on our house. I had a choice to make. Was I going to complain or embrace the journey through it all?! 

My immediate reaction was "really God, really?!  As if there isn't enough already going on.  Now a tree limb that needs to be taken care of on top of everything else."  

Sunday morning I woke up to our neighbor guy (who jumped the fence to get in our yard) with his chain saw working at cutting it up.  Monday I was finally able to get out there and do something about it.  I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to clean it up by myself  and get the scraps to the dump but I thought no progress could be made if I never started.  I wasn't out there but 10 minutes and the neighbors came back over to help.  3 hours later and the only evidence of a tree limb falling was the wood chips in the grass and the exposed stump that remained.

My heart was humbled.  God provided just the help I needed to take care of my problem.  He also protected our house and the fence from any damage from the fall (in the midst of trying to sell it).  It was a sweet reminder to me that though I'm tempted to despair, God's got me, protects me and will take care of my needs.




I was amazed at how much work it took just to clean up one tree limb.  It gave me a new perspective of how much of a mess it is when a storm or tornado blows through a town and leaves the destruction behind.  


Thankful for my little jungle girl who also helped clean up the mess.
Kieran and Traeger also used their muscles in the clean up efforts.


No comments: