I'm always seeking a chance to get down to TX to visit the family Luke and I used to nanny for. An opportunity came up to get a free airline ticket this Spring, so I jumped on it and booked the flights. It had been 4 years since our last visit down there. Needless to say, lots has changed and it was a wonderful time to reconnect.
Ready for take off!
Even Rosey was buckled up and ready to go :O)
"Everything looks smaller from up here."
Because of delays, we didn't get in til 10:30 pm. By the time we got to their house and in bed it was 1 am. We all crashed and got 2 hours in when Ataly started tossing and turning. For the next couple hours she couldn't settle herself and by 6:30 am she threw up. After that we all slept more peacefully. And got a later start the next day.
The days activities began in their pool.
Hannah (former neighbor girl), Ataly and Elena.
We love swimming.
Snuggling up and keeping warm in the sun.
Stephanie and Lance are friends Luke and I recently met at a support raising boot camp in Kansas. They just happen to live about 20 minutes away from Mar'Sue and Elena in TX so we scheduled a visit to meet up and do dinner together. They are fellow followers of Jesus who have recently stepped out, in faith, to become missionaries with an organization called I Am Second.
Kyle (a former student from our youth group in Medford) lives in TX now and made the hour drive to come visit us.
Thankful for our time to hang out with Kyle.
I just love this girl!
I started being Elena's nanny when she was 3 months shy of being 3 and was with her 'til she turned 6.
A favorite activity the two of us used to do was when I'd paint her nails. The tables have turned and she is now painting mine.
Not complete without cute little designs.
Ataly's new animal friend Oreo.
Cheese
We got to attend Katelyn's high school graduation party.
Katelyn was a former neighbor and we spent countless hours together too.
Just for a frame of reference we've known Katelyn since she was 9 years old.
Yikes...now she's all grown up!
We walked through the stables that Elena and I use to spend many hours in.
Ataly is the age that Elena was when we were with her.
A walk down memory lane.
Petting horses never gets old.
Spencer, me, Hannah and Tanner
These three used to be mere kiddos who we spent countless hours with as well. They too are all grown up now. But I still remember them when they were 7, 6, and 3 years old.
Though we didn't get to stay in our old stomping grounds at 2203 Oakwood Ct., Mar'Sue's new home was amazing and we enjoyed a very comfortable stay!
I was able to sneak out for a brunch date with my dear friend Arica. I love that it's been years (4 to be exact) since we've seen each, but we never skipped a beat. The time was too short but I cherished each moment I got to spend with her!
Thankful God has allowed me to be a part of this beautiful girl's life.
Love you forever Elena girl!
Listening to some tunes and eating a treat on the airplane ride.
Dancing with Nonnie while waiting for our next flight.
We loved having Nonnie with us on our trip to TX too!
Silly faces.
Ataly requested a single seat so she could sit all by herself.
Miss Independent.
No comments:
Post a Comment