Many of you know I'm not a huge fan of change. I fight it. I wrestle with it. I try to avoid it. We've had lots of changes lately. Change has been our only constant. Since we've experienced so many changes I wasn't ready to change shoes on top of everything else. Sounds silly, I get it! I was foolishly holding on to what I could.
They've pounded out hundreds of miles.
It's clear their glory days have long past.
I even had their replacement waiting in the closet.
You'd think this new, plush cushioning would have been reason enough to switch.
I held on to what I could. I fought it. I wrestled with it. And avoided it until....
I no longer could.
I now have a stress fracture on the top of my left foot.
I'm in a boot for roughly 6-8 weeks.
No exercise.
Now the 3rd break in our family in 3 months since moving to Ripon.
I asked Luke what do you suppose God is trying to teach us?
My idols...exercise and food have been stripped from me.
God is all I have.
I so wish I would have learned the lesson before I got to this.
But I'm thankful that God says in Romans 8:28
"I will work everything together for the good."
I'm determined to be changed by this.
My comfort in my shoes reminds me of the comfort in my sin.
Though I know my sin is disgusting and looks awful (like my shoes)
I like it.
I hold onto it.
It's comfortable.
Change requires action.
It's not only seeing but believing that the new is best.
It requires me to stop relying on my old worn out path to get me to where I'm going.
It strips me of my self-reliance.
I'm once again compelled by God's amazing grace.
God is enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment