Luke has had the privilege of playing basketball with some students from the college as well as some His House peeps from UW Oshkosh. It's really been a great opportunity to rub shoulders and have some quality man time with the students off campus.
On our way to one of the games Traeger asked us if we had any paper. I quickly brushed him off because I was driving and didn't know where any paper was. Traeger found some paper stuffed in a seat pocket because he had written this note
and put it in Luke's duffle bag for Luke to find when he got to the game. I felt awful that here he wanted to encourage his dad and I just brushed him off. Lesson learned...check! I also was reminded that the words we speak over our kids matter. This is what I say to Traeger every day when he heads off to school. I guess it's heard even though he doesn't ever really acknowledge that I say it.
Our Pastor also played a couple games so the kids loved cheering on their dads.
Go Yellow!
No comments:
Post a Comment