Ataly was working on school books as I sat alongside her, read the directions and encouraged her. It got to the making a pattern with a triangle part and she was not accepting my redirection of what a triangle looks like. We exchanged a few words and she just wasn't accepting my direction of how to draw a triangle. Her heart was hard and she wanted nothing to do with what I had to say (wasn't the first time and I'm sure isn't going to be the last). So I sent her to her room and she knew she could come out when she was ready to listen. Within a couple minutes she came out and drew a triangle like this ...
Wow, I guess that wasn't so hard. She just needed to be willing to listen. My ultimate lesson that day wasn't just to teach her about how to draw a triangle, although that was important too. That day we got to talk about how getting help from others is hard to accept sometimes, but really can be one of the most helpful and beneficial things for our minds and souls. Humbling ourselves is the first major hurdle. Good lesson for me to be reminded of too.
I'm thankful I get to be home with my kiddos. So often the lessons I'm trying to teach and instill in them are often times the wise words I need to be reminded of myself. God is good like that :O)!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment