Sunday, February 26, 2012

Update from Romania

I thought I'd pass on an e-mail update my mom sent us today from Romania

______________________________________________________________________


Hello,
It is currently after 10:00 at night and we are preparing for bed.  I believe it is about 2:00  in the afternoon by you.  We are in Romania...We have arrived safely and have seen many things.  Today was church.  Grandpa and I attended church from 9:30 to 12:00 today.  Then at 4:00 Grandpa and the men went back to church for another service.  The kids have school tomorrow.  They aren't looking forward to going.  I'm told they work very hard in school.  Heather says they start kindergarten by writing with pen in cursive.  They must do their math in pen as well.  Sara, who is in 4th grade has been doing algebra since kindergarten. 

Tomorrow will begin the farming seminars in the afternoon,  So far, I have been doing nothing more than drying endless dishes.  Our meals have been very substantial.  Last night for supper we had their version of mac and cheese.  Today, Pavel built a fire on the ground and then put a pan on top of the burned down wood and they barbequed meat outside.  My favorite is the pies their grandma made.  The crust was made with pig lard....yum.  The day we arrived they had baby pigs.  There was 11 of them at first.  They weren't doing so well.    The runt of the litter wasn't doing so well.  So they warmed blankets in the microwave and wrapped the piglet in the warm blankets and fed it with a baby bottle.....in the kitchen.  At one point they layed it on the kitchen table.  Unfortunately, that pig died.  The next one died after being crushed by the mother pig.  They currently only have 8 pigs left. 
I'm feeling your prayers.  We have never been cold here.  In fact, they have kept the house so warm we are sweating.  I was prepared for the worst, but am receiving God's answered prayers.  I have been able to rest so I have not been tired here.  Another answer to prayer.  Keep the prayers coming...If I have a certain prayer, it would be that I am in God's will and obedient to that. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

If you feel led, pray for my parents as they serve and love on the Romanian people.

No comments: